The discussions

Reparing windows xp might erase other data

Hello, i myself in desktop support, today morning i repaired windows xp service pack2 in a client end and after they are complaining that some of the...

2 replies Last reply on 10 Jan 2009 by
jmp59

Help.my files are important

hello there. I have a one gig usb mass storage device that i've been using for 2 years. It has all the most important files i made during the yeaR. oN...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Jan 2009 by
xpcman

Laptop sound

Hello, im emailing to let u now that i have a problem with my laptop which is with the sound. the sound does not seem to be working when i want to go...

need your help

Plz solv my problem. too....

Hello Dear, i hv a 32 GB kingston flash drive, it can copy any type of data but whenever i copy fro...

veyron12

Restore xp from vista

Hello, A friend of mine asked me to help him to get into his locked Sony Vaio laptop PCG-8QEL which has Windows XP. I have a dell laptop with Vista....

canonbj525

No graphic options

Hey there, I have noticed that whenever a software designed for xp is installed on vista the latter will tend to lose its graphics like the other day...

2 replies Last reply on 9 Jan 2009 by
rey

I cannot get into windows live

Hello, i cannot get into windows live or inbox because i have forgot my password and my sceret answer can you help me please

1 reply Last reply on 9 Jan 2009 by
aju

Replace file .exe upon application close

Hey Guys/Gals, I was wondering if this is even possible, and stumbled across your forum hoping that someone out there has the experience to help me...

3 replies Last reply on 9 Jan 2009 by
kopps31

Problems after uninstalling game

Hi, I have recently installed a game but was not satisfied with it. So, I uninstalled it. But since then, my computer is not running as it was befo...

2 replies Last reply on 9 Jan 2009 by
jmp59

Drives not responding

Hello, I have Windows vista installed on my PC. I was working absolutely fine till yesterday. When i switch on the CPU, it starts, but nothing...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Jan 2009 by
adobepro

Two copies of xp pro o/s how to delete one?

Hello, I have just downgraded from vista to xppro on my hp dx2400 but have been left with a partly installed xppro o/s as I went wrong first up. How ...

2 replies Last reply on 8 Jan 2009 by
kevh

Restoring my laptop

Hello, i have had a problem with my laptop what happened was i downloaded msn on to my computer and i had outlook express as my mail and when i downl...

becky

How ride dvds

Hello, iam kailas iam using laptop(acer , extensa4620) how i will ride in my laptop dvds pls heip me dvd rides we must so...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Jan 2009 by
heavenz

Button

Hello, I try change button color in web with HTML-kit 292, but i cant, please help me. Second problem how preparind scrool line : EPRECATED EXAMP...

wifipen

Windows xp home/ sp3 update/ wont boot or f8

Hello, My pc is self made and loaded with win xp home. I had update turned on, everything going fine until sp3 installed! After reboot the problem...

mr50ydline

Ie blanck screen

hi,i have a display problem with my laptop hp dv2000,when i on the laptop i am getting the blank screen ie.no display my os is vista please give the...

superfreakz

Ashish

Hello, my problem is while installing xp2 in the pc pc is giving the error \i386\ntkrnlmp.exe file cannot be loaded, press any key to exit. I had ...

wires and plugs

Volume has a sound attached

Hello, When i open my volume control and take the control off mute, I hear the sounds of waves. When i play anything in media player, the waves sound...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Jan 2009 by
xpcman

How to get my profile back

Hello, i was wounding if you could help me as i need to get my profile back to normal as one day i was on my laptop and it was working fine then i lo...

2 replies Last reply on 7 Jan 2009 by
becky

Error message

Hello, trying to set up wireless on my ps3 and keep getting an error"8001000b" do anyone know what that error means?

wires and plugs

The internet is not coming up.

Hello, my windows XP computer is not picking up internet and the internet is on and it is saying "page is not found" what is the problem.

3 replies Last reply on 7 Jan 2009 by
master p

Startup keeps reseting

Hello, i've just tried to turn on my computer desktop its a windows xp and worked fine everyday however just now there was a power out and when i tu...

julioz

Crashes when trying to login

Hello, My computer freezes when I try to boot. It strted fine at the begining, fter I chose the user nme and click on it. It froze or screen apears ...

phdhopes

Partition of windows of windows xp

Hello, i want to know the maximum partion and minimum partition of windows xp send the correct answer

stephen3326

Pop up message preventing me

Hi, I have a problem with my computer, running on Vista, when I save a website link to my desktop, when I click on it the link I saved, I get this me...

nees21

4gb pen drive is not recognise window vista

Hello, Dear Sir I had purchase a Kingstone 4GB pen drive but window vista home premium (Sony Ericsson Laptop) does not recognise this, w...

vangogh34

Restoring my computer

Hello, i have a problem with my computer when i try to restore it to an earlier date and time it doesnt work i can pick an earlier date to restore it...

becky

Windows vista

Hello, have acer5315 stuck on system restore trying to replace with new vista from disc nothing seems to work any suggestions please?

ogonda

Graphics card issues

Hello, Hi I am having an issue with my Navidia Graphics card each time I turn My computer off and then on again all the colours and Graphic settings ...

Brett27

Windows vista and xp

hello my name is kawso and im from egypt , i have windows vista runing on my pc but i want setup xp not from cd i have it on my computer , every time ...

ogonda

Cannot uninstall a game

Hi, I've recently upgraded my computer from vista home premium ultimate on my laptop. Now i try to uninstall a game but it says that can't locat...

ogonda

Screen cuts off

Hi, I have a screen that cuts off part of the window ever though it fits my monitor on the side, how do I get the whole window so I can read the part...

portalhelp

Dll file missing

Hi, Some days ago my PC went down and now won't boot up at all, even when I put a system disc in, which is what it was asking for. But it gave me the...

Aadhi

Windows xp sp2 system error

Hello, When i turn on my computer the dell loading screen pops up and the loading bar fills up then i get a black screen that says "loading PBR for d...

fusomit

Using windows xp home edition

Hello, I dont see a tab for background setting to change my desktop backgroung. Please advise. Thank you.

shirro

Can't open affected drive by doble clicking

Hello, we are having issues with a Win32\RENOCIED.F infection. This infection is being detected and successfully removed by Forefront Client Securi...

3 replies Last reply on 7 Jan 2009 by
asoka_79

Computer problem

Hello, my internet backgrounds and graphics wont show up it never has ever since i got it. i have tried everything i could think of

kitkatcho

I am not able to open folder

Hello,

z4bmw

Nothing apart my documents on desktop

Hi, I'm having a problem concerning my desktop icons. When I start my computer, I have no icons except "My Documents". I have tried a system re...

fakedpcs

Conversion

Hello, i want to convert a word document written in french to english what r the necessary steps

vistault

Ip of others - please

Hello, i want to trace how many ip's are connected to the same network(wireless lan) along with mine, because my service provider told that we r allo...

julioz

** help** i accidentally formated a hdd

Hello, I formated a HDD accidentally from MS Windows Vista 32 Home Premium edition. Is there anyway to unformat the HDD? The HDD was part of ...

linux geek

Regarding a cpu

Hello, "Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz [x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1]" does that mean the CPUs run at 2.40GHz or that each CPU does so?

Dr. C.E.T.I.

Window installation problum

Hello, i have a HP-Pavilian Dv2000, i want to install window xp but this system cds are missplase, when i install window xp from other cds but not in...

2 replies Last reply on 6 Jan 2009 by
paki_pol

Having some troublr shooting

Hello, after installed new external lan card i am not able to oprate my operating system its always giving error message & instantly machine ...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Jan 2009 by
wires and plugs

Startup problems microsoft office xp

Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 laptop. When I turn on my computer ( on safe, safe with networking, or just regular startup ) it will load unt...

wires and plugs

Problem installing winxp

Hello, While trying to install windows xp from cd i got error msg: Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing... I have deleted a...

wires and plugs

Retrieve data from damaged portable harddrive

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a SimpleTech portable harddrive that quit working. When my laptop or desktop are off and I connect the harddrive to either, they will ...

Smokey

Pen drive problem

Hello, I have 32 GB pen drive Kingston i have problem in pen drive i copy data in pen drive to PC drive corrupt the data the not allow to delete th...

AIRS

Reboot again and agian and again and........

Hello, Well my friend's computer kept rebooting again and agian and well you know I tred to help by going into F8 and booting with the debugging mo...

xpcman
Results 23451 - 23500 out of a total of 24,655